Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): [1] 2 Next >
Black Women's Bitter, "Independent" Attitudes
BlackWisdom
New To Forum

Group: Registered
Black Women's Bitter, "Independent" Attitudes

http://youtu.be/O3wSVSY4adA

This guy is SO on point!!!! The video is a reaction to last year's  "Why are black women single?" special on ABC (which was total bullshit by the way), but he still makes plenty of relevant points nonetheless. Enjoy!

04-27-2011 04:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder

RE: Black Women's Bitter, "Independent" Attitudes

BlackWisdom Wrote:
http://youtu.be/O3wSVSY4adA

This guy is SO on point!!!! The video is a reaction to last year's  "Why are black women single?" special on ABC (which was total bullshit by the way), but he still makes plenty of relevant points nonetheless. Enjoy!

[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
04-27-2011 04:49 AM
winnie2u
Legends of the Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLal4qjH...detailpage

This one is just as relevent and true as the first one.

04-27-2011 05:28 AM
winnie2u
Legends of the Forum

Let me say I full agree with what this brother had to say about the state of black women in his video.  Firstly being independent is an illusion.  We are all enterdependent.  You may not need a man but you still desire to have one.  If you want a man the very first thing you need to squash is that attitude.  No man will have any desire to be with a woman that does not need or appreciate him for what he contributes to the relationship.  Just as no woman will have any desire to be with a man that she feels does not respect or appreciates what she brings to the table.  

In short, be the person you wish to attract.  If you want someone to respect you, you need to give respect.  If it is not recipricated, keep it pushin.  We as women have forgotten or never learned how to communicate without being disrespectful.  There is a way to get your point across without disrespecting the other person.

04-27-2011 05:54 AM
evens1
Forum Elder

winnie2u Wrote:
Let me say I full agree with what this brother had to say about the state of black women in his video.  Firstly being independent is an illusion.  We are all enterdependent.  You may not need a man but you still desire to have one.  If you want a man the very first thing you need to squash is that attitude.  No man will have any desire to be with a woman that does not need or appreciate him for what he contributes to the relationship.  Just as no woman will have any desire to be with a man that she feels does not respect or appreciates what she brings to the table.  

In short, be the person you wish to attract.  If you want someone to respect you, you need to give respect.  If it is not recipricated, keep it pushin.  We as women have forgotten or never learned how to communicate without being disrespectful.  There is a way to get your point across without disrespecting the other person.

Winnie2u Wrote: "We as women have forgotten or never learned how to communicate without being disrespectful."  

This is the root of the entire problem. It appears to me that many (not all) Black women in the USA simply do not understand that they are well trained to disrespect, mistrust and even hate Black men.

This situation has been ongoing for over 200 years and most Black men have simply been saying that this situation has to stop, but I don't see that it can ever stop because too many Black females want to deny the reality of this situation.

EV

[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
04-27-2011 06:02 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

I was with him until he said that white women made better wives. You can tell when black people barely know any white people. White women invented the independent woman thing, they were the ones who embraced "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." White women divorce at higher rates than any other group of women. They divorce these men despite the fact that they tend to be better providers and more involved fathers than the average black man. The average black man comes with a lot more baggage than the average white man. And since he likes statistics if white women make better wives then why do black men married to white women have a much higher divorce rate then black women who marry white men?

[quote=IndependentBlackman]
It is sad when a white man in drag is sexier than black women. [/quote]

:lol:
04-27-2011 06:17 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

winnie2u Wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLal4qjHKk&feature=player_detailpage

This one is just as relevent and true as the first one.

True for the most part. And I'll repost my questions here since it was nothing but crickets in the other thread.

Do you think that the average black man, who is raised without a father, makes a good father later in life, having never seen an example?

When 80% of black fathers abandon their children and most black men have children, how is it black women's fault for picking bad men? Most black men abandon their children. BW would have to stop dealing with black men entirely to avoid these type of men because it is most BM. Do you think that bw should stop dating bm?

How are black men as a group at protecting and providing for black women and children?

Who commits most of the crime in black neighborhoods, making them unsafe for black women and children?

If you can't honestly answer these questions then I'm not interested in what you have to say. Can't have a conversation if you can't be honest.

04-27-2011 06:25 AM
winnie2u
Legends of the Forum

EV I have to disagree with the 200 yrs part of your comment but definitely the last 40 - 50 yrs.  There was a point in our history when black men and women pulled together as one.  But with the civil rights movement also came the femanist movement, and the voice that was found has become distorted into what it is now.  Angry, uncontrolled and unchecked.  In all the of your post of late that is what I see.  Anger that is uncontrolled and unchecked.

04-27-2011 06:38 AM
winnie2u
Legends of the Forum

Ill give this parable Skii.  2 young men same mother and alcoholic father, one becomes a successful doctor and said I will never be like my father, the other has a troubled life and says what do you expect I am just like my father.  It is all in the attitude of the person, yes a man without a father can be a good father if he so chooses even without a role model.  Sometimes he will become what he most desired in a father, but this is rare.

04-27-2011 06:45 AM
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

The ones in question know how to communicate without being disrespectful. They just don't want to communicate without being disrespectful.

Putting myself in the shoes of the disrespectful person:

If I am disrespectful to my woman without cause and doing that shit just because I feel like it or just because I think I can get away with it, then it stands to reason that eventually I won't have a woman. If I do that with the next woman she's gonna leave too, unless she has low self esteem in which case I will make her depressed and miserable. Incidentally in such a situation I sabotage my own happiness as well. Which would make no fucking sense. Why do that and sabotage my relationship(s), and why claim ignorance of why things fell apart? I'd be fooling myself if I blamed the woman or acted like I had no large part in why things didn't work out.

So likewise black women might want to think about what logically happens when you are constantly disrespectful to someone you supposed to be dealing with seriously. Or else don't wonder why they bounced, or they don't act the way you want them to, or whatever, because you should already know. And if you don't, you're clueless, but it's nobody's fault but your own. You know you wouldn't like that shit if somebody did it to you. And on the off chance that you would, you need therapy.

Karma has a domino-like effect, always comes full circle. We must LEARN the lesson and be the good example or we will BECOME the lesson and the bad example.
04-27-2011 07:19 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

winnie2u Wrote:
Ill give this parable Skii.  2 young men same mother and alcoholic father, one becomes a successful doctor and said I will never be like my father, the other has a troubled life and says what do you expect I am just like my father.  It is all in the attitude of the person, yes a man without a father can be a good father if he so chooses even without a role model.  Sometimes he will become what he most desired in a father, but this is rare.

80% of black fathers abandon their children. Clearly most black men are not turning out like the first man in your parable. I'd love to hear your response to the rest of my questions. Black men feel free to chime in with some honest answers anytime.

04-27-2011 07:20 AM
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

evens1 Wrote:

winnie2u Wrote:

Winnie2u Wrote: "We as women have forgotten or never learned how to communicate without being disrespectful."  

This is the root of the entire problem. It appears to me that many (not all) Black women in the USA simply do not understand that they are well trained to disrespect, mistrust and even hate Black men.

This situation has been ongoing for over 200 years and most Black men have simply been saying that this situation has to stop, but I don't see that it can ever stop because too many Black females want to deny the reality of this situation.

EV

As long as we tell them they can't because of some external factor they will use it as a crutch.

They CAN do better if they WANT to. They KNOW they are doing wrong by doing this, but their EGO won't let them ADMIT it. Remember they are always the victim in their minds. THAT bullshit is why they won't change. But it is conscious. Not auto-pilot genetic programming. Not Cointelpro. Not willie lynch. Not MKULTRA or none of that mess. Plain and simple they haven't grown up and don't want to truly grow up.

Karma has a domino-like effect, always comes full circle. We must LEARN the lesson and be the good example or we will BECOME the lesson and the bad example.
04-27-2011 07:24 AM
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

skii Wrote:

winnie2u Wrote:

80% of black fathers abandon their children. Clearly most black men are not turning out like the first man.

Why do you believe that the only reason a woman is a single mother is because the father abandoned his children?

More than half of black women who have children have them by more than one man.

And it is not uncommon for such women to be with a different man than the biological father(s) of her children at present time.

Why are you so quick to ignore the woman's obvious role in making a string of ill fated choices?

Why are you so quick to ignore the fact that these women are getting KNOCKED UP OUT OF WEDLOCK BECAUSE THEY OPENED THEIR LEGS TO UNPROTECTED DICK rather than being left by say, a husband who is also the father of their children?!?  If 70% + of black babies are born out of wedlock then you can't say the majority of these single motherhood cases are stemming from married unions which fell apart, you'd be telling a boldface lie.

Shielding your peers from the truth just like most of the "sistahood" does huh Skii?

04-27-2011 07:26 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

outlaw4ever Wrote:

skii Wrote:
I was with him until he said that white women made better wives. You can tell when black people barely know any white people. White women invented the independent woman thing, they were the ones who embraced "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle." White women divorce at higher rates than any other group of women. They divorce these men despite the fact that they tend to be better providers and more involved fathers than the average black man. The average black man comes with a lot more baggage than the average white man. And since he likes statistics if white women make better wives then why do black men married to white women have a much higher divorce rate then black women who marry white men?

Still spreading your lies I see. Its not ok to say that white women make better wives. But it is more than ok If not 100% acceptable to say that white men make better husbands. Yet you are married to a black man. I wish you would have never settled. It is clear that the person that you really wanted to be with that you will NEVER be able to be with them. Stop your hate. If you need counseling Iwill help you.

It's fine for him to say white women make better wives. But the facts don't support his opinion. If I wanted to be married to a white man then I would be married to a white man. I married a good black man. Educated, successful, raised in a middle class, stable, two parent home with a good example of marriage and fatherhood. Most black men don't fit this description and are therefore not fit to be my husband and the father of my child. They are not fit to be husbands and fathers to most black women which is why the black community is in the state that it is in. A community is only as strong as its men. You know this, which is why you keep dodging the questions that I asked. You don't want to admit that most black men fail at manhood.

Answer the questions that I asked upthread instead of making silly strawman arguments and accusing me of wanting a white man. You won't answer the questions because you don't want to admit to the answers. The video that winnie posted about black men is also being completely ignored. Any thoughts on that? Icon_lol

04-27-2011 07:38 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

outlaw4ever Wrote:

skii Wrote:

outlaw4ever Wrote:

skii Wrote:

Still spreading your lies I see. Its not ok to say that white women make better wives. But it is more than ok If not 100% acceptable to say that white men make better husbands. Yet you are married to a black man. I wish you would have never settled. It is clear that the person that you really wanted to be with that you will NEVER be able to be with them. Stop your hate. If you need counseling Iwill help you.

It's fine for him to say white women make better wives. But the facts don't support his opinion. If I wanted to be married to a white man then I would be married to a white man. I married a good black man. Educated, successful, raised in a middle class, stable, two parent home with a good example of marriage and fatherhood. Most black men don't fit this description and are therefore not fit to be my husband and the father of my child. They are not fit to be husbands and fathers to most black women which is why the black community is in the state that it is in. A community is only as strong as its men. You know this, which is why you keep dodging the questions that I asked. You don't want to admit that most black men fail at manhood.

Answer the questions that I asked upthread instead of making silly strawman arguments and accusing me of wanting a white man. You won't answer the questions because you don't want to admit to the answers. The video that winnie posted about black men is also being completely ignored. Any thoughts on that? Icon_lol

I watched it and made my own opinion to it. Your facts dont support your opinion that most black men are not shit. To hell with that. Im was trying to take you some where. Thats why every time you say something I give the same answer that you gave me and throw it back it at. I still dont understand why you dont see it. its amazing. To be so educated but dont see the truth. Maybe you see it and just want to save face.

Well here it is. For every good black man there is a good black woman. For every hood rat slut Woman. There is a thug gansta nigga that been in and out of jail. For every slut Woman that lets any dude cum inside her. There is a man that has children by more than one of these types of females.

At the end of the day your arguments are void. Black men are not taking care of their children. Well black women are not raising their children properly. Stop looking at one side of the coin so you can place blame.
Speak facts not half truths. I see through your lies.

More deflection and not answering the questions.

04-27-2011 07:57 AM
Pages (2): [1] 2 Next >
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: