Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): [1] 2 Next >
Collecting child support for 1 child from two men? Cue the crickets from the NAWALTs.
Brotha Meph
Saix: The Lunar Divider

Group: Registered
Collecting child support for 1 child from two men? Cue the crickets from the NAWALTs.

Legal for two men to be ordered to pay support for same child

This is an old (2004) ruling from the Massachusetts Court of Appeals, but it still exemplifies the inequities in the child support system—not to mention the sheer greed cupcake can show. I resurrected it for two reasons: (1) the old Don't Get Married forums discussed it; and (2) with the passage of time and the end of those forums, the case has become harder to find. So for reference, here it is:

Department of Revenue v. Ryan R., 62 Mass. App. Ct. 380 , 387 (2004)

h t t p://www.fathersandfamilies.org/site/news.php?id=36&PHPSESSID=e92769859aca5077e602b2d29 b8df1c4 [link no longer valid due to passage of time; this from another site]

11/12/2004
Neat Trick: Mom Collects Child Support from Two Men for Same Child

On November 2, 2004, the Massachusetts Appeals Court ruled that a mother would collect child support from two men for the same child (Department Of Revenue v. Ryan R.).

In this case, the mother had a child by Ryan while she was married to Sheldon. Three years later, she and Sheldon filed for bankruptcy.

The next year, Susan instituted divorce proceedings against Sheldon. The court awarded custody to Susan and ordered Sheldon to pay child support despite the fact that he was not the father of the child. The court explained, “…the husband is the only ‘father’ that the child has known during his life, and as the husband has cared throughout the marriage for the child and there is a bond that exists between the child and the husband… the husband is the ‘de facto’ father of the child.”

Then, hoping to improve her cash-flow, and since Ryan had deeper pockets than her bankrupt ex, Susan filed a complaint for child support from Ryan too.

The court found that Ryan should also pay child support because he is the biological father of the child. But -- surprise, surprise -- after all these years, the courts still have not gotten around to ruling on Ryan’s request for custody and/or “visitation.”

It gets crazier and crazier…

Ned Holstein, MD, MS
President
Fathers and Families
Boston, MA USA

h t t p://www.equityfeminism.com/articles/tag/uncategorized/page/2/

One Child, Two “Fathers” Paying Child Support

Posted on December 8, 2004 by Brian Carnell

Some men’s activists were rightly pointing to the outcome of Department of Revenue v. Ryan R. in Massachusetts as an example of just how out-of-whack the child support system is. In this case, separate courts ruled that two men declared the father of her child and required to pay child support.

Susan (no last names are given in court proceedings) cheated on her husband, Sheldon, and conceived a child by her lover. Three years later, Susan initiated divorce proceedings against her husband. Despite the fact that Sheldon was not the biological father of the child, he was nonetheless ordered to pay child support, with the court in that case ruling that,

. . . the husband is the only ‘father’ that the child has known during his life, and as the husband has cared throughout the marriage for the child and there is a bond that exists between the child and the husband . . . the husband is the ‘de facto’ father of the child.

The problem for Susan, however, was that Sheldon was also ‘de facto’ bankrupt. So she also initiated child custody efforts against the biological father of the child, Ryan. Ryan resisted such efforts, saying that the divorce proceedings in Susan and Sheldon’s marriage had already established Sheldon as the ‘de facto’ father of the child and, as such, Ryan shouldn’t be liable for child support.

A Massachusetts Appeals court rejected that argument and ordered Ryan to pay child support.

Presumably Susan is kicking herself for not figuring out a way to have the state force additional “de facto” fathers and any number of other unrelated men to contribute to caring for her child.

Sources:

Department of Revenue vs. Ryan R.. Massachusetts Appeals Court, November 2, 2004.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS EVEN LEGAL!?!?!?

There's nothing more low and pathetic than the Amerikkkan NBW.
04-18-2012 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

RE: Collecting child support for 1 child from two men? Cue the crickets from the NAWALTs.

Sounds like the war on men is going on as scheduled with the full backing of the courts....

Karma has a domino-like effect, always comes full circle. We must LEARN the lesson and be the good example or we will BECOME the lesson and the bad example.
04-19-2012 12:37 AM
diamondlife
Legends of the Forum

RE: Collecting child support for 1 child from two men? Cue the crickets from the NAWALTs.

A lot of women and judges are going to start ending up in the bushes for stunts like this.

He's laughing with another girl, and loving another heart. Placing high stakes making sleeping hearts wake...he's loved in seven languages.
04-19-2012 07:54 AM
Brotha Meph

This is another huge area that females are silent on..........CS fraud.

Even the so called "good ones" would never betray the "sistahood" and call them out on that illegal shit.

04-19-2012 09:50 AM
Humbleguy
Legends of the Forum

Brotha Meph Wrote:

Even the so called "good ones" would never betray the "sistahood" and call them out on that illegal shit.

The good black women will get accused of hating women in general for speaking on the unspeakable. Feigned obliviousness proves one's solidarity, this unfortunate reality makes willingness to dumb down a measure of a person's cultural/behavioral authenticity. The good women know that in order to remain in good standing, they must go the politically correct route and highlight the fuck ups and bad behavior of black men.

04-19-2012 10:28 AM
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

Humbleguy Wrote:

Brotha Meph Wrote:

The good black women will get accused of hating women in general for speaking on the unspeakable. Feigned obliviousness proves one's solidarity, this unfortunate reality makes willingness to dumb down a measure of a person's cultural/behavioral authenticity. The good women know that in order to remain in good standing, they must go the politically correct route and highlight the fuck ups and bad behavior of black men.

If a woman purposely turns a blind eye towards fuckery and compromises her own values in order to deflect from the issue and protect the wrongdoers (because they are female), then can she really be considered a "good woman"?

IMO they threw their lot in with the "bad women", so they must be birds of a feather. Surface appearances and manufacted false reputations be damned. This is one of the ways you can tell how somebody really is; by what they endorse/cosign/enable or defend or selectively "ignore".

Karma has a domino-like effect, always comes full circle. We must LEARN the lesson and be the good example or we will BECOME the lesson and the bad example.
04-19-2012 12:41 PM
Brotha Meph

unfoolish1 Wrote:

If a woman purposely turns a blind eye towards fuckery and compromises her own values in order to deflect from the issue and protect the wrongdoers (because they are female), then can she really be considered a "good woman"?

IMO they threw their lot in with the "bad women", so they must be birds of a feather. Surface appearances and manufacted false reputations be damned. This is one of the ways you can tell how somebody really is; by what they endorse/cosign/enable or defend or selectively "ignore".

Its mind boggling how they would rather remain loyal to the sisterhood than be an individual thinker....

04-19-2012 02:58 PM
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

Brotha Meph Wrote:

unfoolish1 Wrote:

Its mind boggling how they would rather remain loyal to the sisterhood than be an individual thinker....

We may be giving the women in question too much credit when we assume they don't already believe as the wrong-doers do....IMO all the women who deflect or "refuse to judge" when shit like the OP occurs...given the same opportunity they would likely do the same thing as Susan.

Think about it. Generally men tend to marry women they believe are "good". Very few men will risk their financial well being and future on a known ho. Which means despite these men committing to women that seemed in good moral standing, still the divorce rate is 50%. Meaning somebody's ass is lying about their "allignment". If all men knew the truth about the average woman, the average woman wouldn't be getting no ring put on it that's for sure. So these women tend to lean towards making sure women's average APPARENT stock stays up, because this tends to benefit them on the whole. However "objects in the mirror are more fucked up that they appear".

Perpetuating falsehoods and shining the spotlight on red herrings to hide the truth about themselves is common practice among women like that. Allegedly black men ain't shit and supposedly even those who commit ain't shit but lo and behold the sistas are 3 times more likely to cheat in a marriage. When the facts come out look at how many want to keep lying and look at the ones who just go find a rock to hide under, not many will own up to it because it doesn't benefit them to do so, and not many will own up to what their peers are doing because they feel their peers dirty laundry reflects badly on all women (brings the average down)...so they would rather not bring attention to it, after all unaware men are easily fooled, duped, scammed and cuckolded men....sitting ducks ripe for picking off.

Hmmm....yeah so we need to keep an eye on the verifiable facts and not just what women say about themselves.

04-19-2012 03:28 PM
Brotha Meph

I'm sure females, (including the good ones) will be quick to silence or deflect by saying shit like...

......"its about the child's welfare!"

Which is true....so the child's BIOLOGICAL father should be held responsible, financial or otherwise....

04-19-2012 04:29 PM
lovelyone
Administrator

Group: Administrators
Icon_mad  RE: Collecting child support for 1 child from two men? Cue the crickets from the NAWALTs.

Be quiet all of you, quit tripping... nobody around here approves of child support fraud.

It's my tax dollars just like yours being wasted..duh!! Icon_eh

"My faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.” ~ Nelson Mandela

04-19-2012 07:45 PM
Brotha Meph

lovelyone Wrote:
Be quiet all of you, quit tripping... nobody around here approves of child support fraud.

hmmmmm, I don't remember any of you typing anything along those lines......

in which case silence= approval.........

04-19-2012 08:23 PM
Brotha Meph

lovelyone Wrote:
... nobody around here approves of child support fraud.

a question for you............

you're walking in a park....you're the only one there. All of a sudden you see another black female walking in your direction until suddenly, she gets assaulted by three unarmed skinheads.....

they're beating the holy hell out of her.

3 black men walk past, glance, and keep on walking. No words, no calling of the police, nothing.

What would your thoughts be towards those black guys?

04-19-2012 09:03 PM
lovelyone
Administrator

Brotha Meph Wrote:

lovelyone Wrote:

hmmmmm, I don't remember any of you typing anything along those lines......

in which case silence= approval.........

Your post from 12:50 on yesterday was cs fraud.

Silence is not approval. Everyone here knows my position..

Just like I know yours..I feel confident enough that over 6+ years I have stated my feelings on every topic or scary scenario you could dream of.

"My faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.” ~ Nelson Mandela

04-19-2012 09:27 PM
lovelyone
Administrator

Brotha Meph Wrote:

lovelyone Wrote:
... nobody around here approves of child support fraud.

a question for you............

you're walking in a park....you're the only one there. All of a sudden you see another black female walking in your direction until suddenly, she gets assaulted by three unarmed skinheads.....

they're beating the holy hell out of her.

3 black men walk past, glance, and keep on walking. No words, no calling of the police, nothing.

What would your thoughts be towards those black guys?

I would wonder if they hoped that someone would call the police if they were being attacked.

04-19-2012 09:31 PM
lovelyone
Administrator

Humbleguy Wrote:

Brotha Meph Wrote:

Get real,Icon_neutral who wants to remain in good standing with criminals?

04-19-2012 09:36 PM
Pages (2): [1] 2 Next >
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: