Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next >
Everyone Should Boycott Tyler Perry Movies....
Jahari Kavi
Frequent Poster

Group: Registered
Everyone Should Boycott Tyler Perry Movies....

As we all know Tyler is dropping a new one on us today, and all I have to ask is why?   This man has profitted off of ABWs emotions and it's time for all of us to say enough is enough.  His movies offer no kinds of solutions to the problems all they do is

A. Make all black men look like their abusive no good cheaters who love women from other races more than black women
B. In order to be a good black man you have to be some bum who drives a bus and writes poetry.....all while putting up with the ABW...........and her bad ass kids
C. If you're an ABW it's always good to get revenge by beating up on your crippled ex-husband or throwing hot grits on the man that's beating on you

His movies are what I would like to call cornball and exploitative to an extent.  He has flocks of women running to see his movies just to get an emotional high real quick and then when they leave the theatre reality hits them and they realize that things never work out like that...or they CAN think things work out like that and it ends up hurting them even more when "they can't find a man.".......................Tyler Perry movies are equivalent to churches in black communities in some senses..........................

"I'm gonna remain on the scene and reign supreme and go through many extemes by any means" - Rakim Allah

www.myspace.com/jaharikavi1
10-12-2007 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DABLESSING1972
The Shock Resistant Bull Detector

Hey...

at least he aint in a dress in the latest one.

I always question a
dude
that has to/wants to
put on a dress
in order to
'be somebody.'

OMNIA MUTANTUR, NIHIL INTERIT.
OMNIA MUTANTUR, NOS ET MUTAMUR IN ILLIS.
[IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w173/niceshirtwannafuck/2zsuq13.png[/IMG]
10-12-2007 05:29 PM
Jahari Kavi
Frequent Poster

RE: Everyone Should Boycott Tyler Perry Movies....

Seriously it's impossible to love women that much unless you "want" to be a woman yourself.......

"I'm gonna remain on the scene and reign supreme and go through many extemes by any means" - Rakim Allah

10-12-2007 05:32 PM
bandy
Legends of the Forum

stop hating on the man, I love Madea LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! she cracks me up.

I am, what makes me happy and free to love.
10-12-2007 08:36 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PeterParker316
My Power and Responsibility

bandy Wrote:
stop hating on the man, I love Madea LOL!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! she cracks me up.

well crack on up to his/her website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-12-2007 08:41 PM
Sierramoon
Frequent Poster

Eh, his movies are okay.  I think the "Boys in the Hood" type movies do more harm.  For a while, every black movie released involved gangs and drugs.  Ugh!

10-12-2007 08:46 PM
TheDevilNeverSleeps
Putting Armchair Warriors 2 Bed.Bed.Bed.

I read a story today about how Jill Scott used to put her husband on a pedestal and how she used to get religious about her love for him. Mixing business with pleasure usually turns out for the worst.

Women need to stop putting muphukas on pedestals. Honestly I think in the long run it's just as harmful as talking down about your man. Anything can go wrong...starting but not ending with another dumbass exploitative Tyler Perry flick.

Revolution Brings About A Change. To Change Society You Are Either Trying To Save Or Enslave A Population.
...Save Any Hoes Lately?
10-12-2007 08:52 PM
Jahari Kavi
Frequent Poster

Part of me wants to think that Perry is really trying to help the problem, but he just goes about it in the wrong manner....

I made the mistake of going on a date with a girl to see this movie................sad thing is it was already her 4th or 5th time seeing it..........those movies are already bad, but when the girl who you're trying to get closer to knows every word to each scene it makes you want to get the hell out of dodge.

10-13-2007 07:46 AM
visionary
New To Forum

TheDevilNeverSleeps Wrote:

Women need to stop putting muphukas on pedestals. Honestly I think in the long run it's just as harmful as talking down about your man. Anything can go wrong...starting but not ending with another dumbass exploitative Tyler Perry flick.

How about we say that women need to stop putting the WRONG mf's on pedestals...cause honestly I don't think enough women actually do it.

10-13-2007 09:53 AM
Jahari Kavi
Frequent Poster

^^^^you really shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal above you (when it comes to your signifcant other)...it's almost like you're worshiping them instead of loving them as your equal

10-13-2007 09:57 AM
visionary
New To Forum

but if you put each other on a pedestal than you are equals....

but what you see most of the time is men putting women on the pedestals and women not reciprocating, then acting like that is how it's suppose to be.

10-13-2007 10:19 AM
bandy
Legends of the Forum

I can't help putting my man on a pedestal i love hard with every thing inside of me and although i have been hurt, i still love hard i can't help it. Iv'e heard people say only give half of yourself or 50% or hold 10% back or some shit like that, is that really possible or are you just denying the inevitable. I myself can't help it i do not let past experiences determine how i treat the man in my present one call me gullilable if you want but not every one is the same.

I am, what makes me happy and free to love.
10-13-2007 10:30 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Demondog Prime
Legends of the Forum

To the OP:  You've seen this movie.

I know a bunch of hardcore brothas who have seen it...and liked it, maybe because they went stag.  Therefore, I will go see it and then tell you what I think about it.

For some movies, its best to see without a woman, if you have that problem.

www.theilluminationhub.com/forums

"Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience."    
10-13-2007 10:53 AM
Demondog Prime
Legends of the Forum

bandy Wrote:
I can't help putting my man on a pedestal i love hard with every thing inside of me and although i have been hurt, i still love hard i can't help it. Iv'e heard people say only give half of yourself or 50% or hold 10% back or some shit like that, is that really possible or are you just denying the inevitable. I myself can't help it i do not let past experiences determine how i treat the man in my present one call me gullilable if you want but not every one is the same.

*smiles*  I've heard that phrase before...not knocking it.  Since there is duality in humankind (at least), "loving hard" can be a GOOD thing and a bad thing too, like pyschos and stalkers.  I'm not projecting that on you, Bandy.  I'm just saying.  Icon_smile2

"Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience."    
10-13-2007 10:57 AM
Demondog Prime
Legends of the Forum

TheDevilNeverSleeps Wrote:
I read a story today about how Jill Scott used to put her husband on a pedestal and how she used to get religious about her love for him. Mixing business with pleasure usually turns out for the worst.

Hmm...thats ironic.  You usually about it being the other way around.

10-13-2007 11:02 AM
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next >
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: