Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (7): < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next >
1 Votes - 5 Average   70% of Black women are Single.
unfoolish1
Legends of the Forum

Group: Registered
RE: 70% of Black women are Single.

evens1 Wrote:
unfoolish1 wrote:  "men of other races will pass on them for the same reasons black men are walking away. What will they do then?"

Ain't that the sad truth,  but can't the girls of the "sistahood" not see what is coming and what is already here?

Sunday, I played a gig at the zoo to get a years pass for my kids. The band was stationed in the main part of the zoo, so we saw everyone who came in. The event was a free event so there were thousands of families who came out.

I saw Black men with their wives and kids. Of the 30 or so families I saw walk by with a Black father, only two were married to Black females. I could not believe it. I only saw three Black females with their kids!

QUESTIONS

1.) How the hell did this (BM going over the fence) happen so quickly?

2.) What should I do for my 14 year old daughter to ensure that she can be with a BM if she chooses to be?

3.) Why can't the "sistahood" seem to understand that no man wants what too many (not all thank God) of them are about?

EV

1) Well without the previous say...10 year data I can't really say it happened so quickly, it could have been a gradual progression for all we know. I mean unless 2007 had 5% of brothas marrying non-black women and all of a sudden 2008 had 22%....I'm not alarmed or shocked. The trend just shows there is a problem. Black women often say that there are more of them than there are of black men and use that as "proof" of a man shortage or an excuse for why their rates of unmarried are so high compared to women of other races. BUT don't you think that if that were the most significant problem those brothas would be marrying black women since there is supposedly such an an excess? Clearly there is something else going on other than a numbers game. The trends (and what brothas have been saying) shows that our women have increasingly had an inability or unwillingness to relate to us despite claims that they are the ones who would be able to understand us most. Men in general are being taken for granted these days but the brothas have had it worse. Also false is the "oh they just can't handle a strong successful independent black woman" claim, but that's a topic for another thread lol.

2) IMO be a great father and husband if you are married and show your daughter how a man should treat a woman. And if her mother is of good character she can also set very positive examples as the most important and influential female role model in your daughter's life. Yall can show her how to actright, children learn first from their parents.  So guide her right and show her examples of what works and point out examples of what doesn't work (and therefore doesn't make sense). Keep those thug boys away from her. If she makes good and sensible choices in her life and she has good character when she comes of age a good black man will want to do all he can for her. I think that if she understands that her choices and actions have consequences she will look before she leaps and think before she acts. This is very different from an entitlement mentality that many women have developed which leads them to believe that they can do just about anything and still get what they want because they want it...or because they are women..."goddesses" or "queens of the universe" or whatever. Bah humbug lol.

3) The Sistahood is typically narcisistic, selfish and only cares about what saves face and protects it's image. It is resistant to change and it is an evolution of the feminist movement gone wrong. There is much that they COULD understand if their goal was to advance the family but too many are only out for themselves so our commentary and even the facts fall on deaf ears.

Karma has a domino-like effect, always comes full circle. We must LEARN the lesson and be the good example or we will BECOME the lesson and the bad example.
07-20-2010 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder

unfoolish1 Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:
unfoolish1 wrote:  "men of other races will pass on them for the same reasons black men are walking away. What will they do then?"

Ain't that the sad truth,  but can't the girls of the "sistahood" not see what is coming and what is already here?

Sunday, I played a gig at the zoo to get a years pass for my kids. The band was stationed in the main part of the zoo, so we saw everyone who came in. The event was a free event so there were thousands of families who came out.

I saw Black men with their wives and kids. Of the 30 or so families I saw walk by with a Black father, only two were married to Black females. I could not believe it. I only saw three Black females with their kids!

QUESTIONS

1.) How the hell did this (BM going over the fence) happen so quickly?

2.) What should I do for my 14 year old daughter to ensure that she can be with a BM if she chooses to be?

3.) Why can't the "sistahood" seem to understand that no man wants what too many (not all thank God) of them are about?

EV

1) Well without the previous say...10 year data I can't really say it happened so quickly, it could have been a gradual progression for all we know. I mean unless 2007 had 5% of brothas marrying non-black women and all of a sudden 2008 had 22%....I'm not alarmed or shocked. The trend just shows there is a problem. Black women often say that there are more of them than there are of black men and use that as "proof" of a man shortage or an excuse for why their rates of unmarried are so high compared to women of other races. BUT don't you think that if that were the most significant problem those brothas would be marrying black women since there is supposedly such an an excess? Clearly there is something else going on other than a numbers game. The trends (and what brothas have been saying) shows that our women have increasingly had an inability or unwillingness to relate to us despite claims that they are the ones who would be able to understand us most. Men in general are being taken for granted these days but the brothas have had it worse. Also false is the "oh they just can't handle a strong successful independent black woman" claim, but that's a topic for another thread lol.

2) IMO be a great father and husband if you are married and show your daughter how a man should treat a woman. And if her mother is of good character she can also set very positive examples as the most important and influential female role model in your daughter's life. Yall can show her how to act right, children learn first from their parents.  So guide her right and show her examples of what works and point out examples of what doesn't work (and therefore doesn't make sense). Keep those thug boys away from her. If she makes good and sensible choices in her life and she has good character when she comes of age a good black man will want to do all he can for her. I think that if she understands that her choices and actions have consequences she will look before she leaps and think before she acts. This is very different from an entitlement mentality that many women have developed which leads them to believe that they can do just about anything and still get what they want because they want it...or because they are women..."goddesses" or "queens of the universe" or whatever. Bah humbug lol.

3) The Sistahood is typically narcisistic, selfish and only cares about what saves face and protects it's image. It is resistant to change and it is an evolution of the feminist movement gone wrong. There is much that they COULD understand if their goal was to advance the family but too many are only out for themselves so our commentary and even the facts fall on deaf ears.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions!

Icon_upIcon_upIcon_up

EV

[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
07-20-2010 11:45 AM
Douglamite
Legends of the Forum

evens1 Wrote:
they can do just about anything and still get what they want because they want it...or because they are women..."goddesses" or "queens of the universe" or whatever. Bah humbug lol.

Wow I have not been on in a minute. I have been as  Anita Baker would say "Caught Up In The Rapture Of Love" famIcon_smile2 lmao MOVING FORWARD

This quote to often resounds among african american women and men in the community. Thinking that you get a pass or should be treated with respect and adoration  because of your gender. I will stick to topic of females, as this was what this quote is about.

I was discussing with a few african american females the dynamic of their anger, and how you have to search back to move foward. Coming from a different culture myself, I "see" the frustration of  the african american woman but not fully understand it.

I can  "see" its as a cultural construct. The label "Strong" was actually given to black women by white men who mercilessly abused them during slavery. The label "Strong" was actually given to black women as they accepted the fact that their black male counterparts never had the power to protect or secure them, as they were also being mercilessly abused.

Coming forward to 2010, I cannot convince alot of african american women to regain their joy. Lack of joy causes physical, mental , spiritual and emotional detriment in the body. We are fueled by the spirit first, not the flesh. I would love to see my sisters go for a GOOD MAN (RACE, CULTURE) IS IRRELEVANT.  

A thread was posted about why many african american women love thugs, enduring the black man's non protection propelling bad choices basically.  I want my sisters to get out of so much focus of "the black man" and get A GOOD MAN!  It's an injustice unto yourself as a woman to focus on others instead of yourself. Many of my sister have the beauty but not the affinity nor wisdom nor prowess even to handle a man who is strong within himself, rich in his culture, loves his women and can trace his heritage.  

Every man will be the black man who constatly dissapoints in her eyes, thus making every man the enemy.
Fake men ONLY see the ass, REAL MEN SEE THE SPIRIT and the ass!

Baba often uses others to test your integrity.
07-21-2010 11:06 AM
Dimaati
Foodie Addict

Douglamite Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:
they can do just about anything and still get what they want because they want it...or because they are women..."goddesses" or "queens of the universe" or whatever. Bah humbug lol.

Wow I have not been on in a minute. I have been as  Anita Baker would say "Caught Up In The Rapture Of Love" famIcon_smile2 lmao MOVING FORWARD

This quote to often resounds among african american women and men in the community. Thinking that you get a pass or should be treated with respect and adoration  because of your gender. I will stick to topic of females, as this was what this quote is about.

I was discussing with a few african american females the dynamic of their anger, and how you have to search back to move foward. Coming from a different culture myself, I "see" the frustration of  the african american woman but not fully understand it.

I can  "see" its as a cultural construct. The label "Strong" was actually given to black women by white men who mercilessly abused them during slavery. The label "Strong" was actually given to black women as they accepted the fact that their black male counterparts never had the power to protect or secure them, as they were also being mercilessly abused.

Coming forward to 2010, I cannot convince alot of african american women to regain their joy. Lack of joy causes physical, mental , spiritual and emotional detriment in the body. We are fueled by the spirit first, not the flesh. I would love to see my sisters go for a GOOD MAN (RACE, CULTURE) IS IRRELEVANT.  

A thread was posted about why many african american women love thugs, enduring the black man's non protection propelling bad choices basically.  I want my sisters to get out of so much focus of "the black man" and get A GOOD MAN!  It's an injustice unto yourself as a woman to focus on others instead of yourself. Many of my sister have the beauty but not the affinity nor wisdom nor prowess even to handle a man who is strong within himself, rich in his culture, loves his women and can trace his heritage.  

Every man will be the black man who constatly dissapoints in her eyes, thus making every man the enemy.

Icon_upIcon_upIcon_upIcon_upIcon_upIcon_up

"What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?"

Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, #1615, March 2010
07-23-2010 05:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evens1
Forum Elder

Douglamite Wrote:

evens1 Wrote:

Dougla wrote: " I have been as  Anita Baker would say "Caught Up In The Rapture Of Love" famIcon_smile2 lmao MOVING FORWARD"

Good going sister!

Take all the love you get and run with it. You are a GREAT young woman who deserves every bit of love that she is going to get. For those who do not know Dougla ---- She is simply a fantastic lady!

You go forward sister!

EV

[b]In this time of "Me, Me, Me" thinking, no matter what you do, it's still always about "Us"![/b]
07-24-2010 05:09 AM
Meadows
Legends of the Forum

A lot of men on the forum quote the 70% stat. I would like to know just were in this article does it say 70% of BW are single?

The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us,... the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls. ECS
01-05-2011 02:50 AM
skii
Legends of the Forum

bumping

[quote=IndependentBlackman]
It is sad when a white man in drag is sexier than black women. [/quote]

:lol:
01-05-2011 03:01 PM
AnalyzingTheBullshit
Banned

Group: Banned

Its probably more like 80%. 70% was stated several years ago. Google it Skii.

Its amazing the information you can find out when you hack someones email.
01-05-2011 03:43 PM
AnalyzingTheBullshit
Banned

Meadows Wrote:
A lot of men on the forum quote the 70% stat. I would like to know just were in this article does it say 70% of BW are single?

Meadow Oprah Winfrey said it.

Real Reasons Why 70% of Black Women Are Single
http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/125/AR...01-01.html

The Real Reasons 70% of Black Women Are Single: It's Not What They're Telling You!
http://www.blacknews.com/news/reasons_wh...e101.shtml

http://whyblackwomenareangry.blogspot.com/2007/05/70-of-african-american-women-are-single.html

01-05-2011 03:49 PM
AnalyzingTheBullshit
Banned

http://conservativeblkwoman.blogspot.com...ingle.html
MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2008
70% of Black Women are Single!!!

My friends are really in complete denial!!! I want to make the point that I am not bashing black men because I feel that "Mini-me" should be open to the possibility of dating outside of our race. It's just that statistically the odds of "marriage" aren't good and this stupid-azz notion of "wifey" (definition: (n) a stature which is a above girlfriend, or one acknowledged as wife material yet still a single black woman) is becoming ever more prevalent and acceptible to these silly women (but I digress). I want to make the point that black men aren't completely to blame. Women, we need to stop being loosey-goosey with our "stuff" and keep our legs closed. We show people how to treat us and if we act like whores we will be treated no better than whores. Wait.... I hear it playing again in my head by the "legions of black women in denial" heretofore called BWID's "White women are loose too" to which I respond--"SO WHAT!!!! 70% OF WHITE WOMEN ARE NOT HAVING BABIES OUT OF WEDLOCK AND 70% OF WHITE WOMEN AREN'T SINGLE!!!!"

Ouch.

01-05-2011 03:50 PM
AnalyzingTheBullshit
Banned

Meadows Wrote:

Search Results
Jan 1, 2010 ... Maybe a man really needs to be the head of the household, and if you don't trust that he can be, then leave him alone and move on.
http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/125/.....01-01.html - Cached - Similar
The 70% of Black Women Are Single Lie Exposed : Surviving Dating!
Dec 21, 2009 ... There is a contingent of Black men online and in print media that love to quote the statistic: “70% of Black women are single! ...
survivingdating.com › Society and Culture - Cached
Videos for 70 of black women are single

70% of Black Women Are Single & They Have Too ...
7 min - Aug 24, 2009
Uploaded by UHeardMe1stTime
youtube.com

70% of african american women are single
Jun 14, 2009
forbezdvd.com
Singled Out - washingtonpost.com
Oct 8, 2006 ... For every 100 single black women, there are 70 single black men, according to recent U.S. Census Bureau figures, a number that does not take ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com › Print Edition › A Section - Similar
BlackNews.com - The Real Reasons 70% of Black Women Are Single ...
We've all heard on Oprah, CNN, ABC News, and the Washington Post that 70% of black women are single, and 42% are unmarried. We've even recently heard a ...
http://www.blacknews.com/.../reasons_why...e101.shtml - Cached - Similar
70% OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN ARE SINGLE - Diary of a Content ...
May 8, 2007 ... Why are 70% of black women single: They blame the blackman for their own faults. They have too much attitude. ...
whyblackwomenareangry.blogspot.com/.../70-of-african-american-women- are-single.html - Cached - Similar
Why I think 70% of black women are single? Do you agree? - Yahoo ...
Apr 20, 2008 ... I think that so many are single do to a lot of factors. ... 1) Statistics are unreliable. They can be "fudged" (or completely "made up") to give ...
answers.yahoo.com › ... › Other - Cultures & Groups - Cached - Similar
Why do people think that 70% of black women are single?‎
Statistically speaking with evidence. Why are 70% of black women ...‎
Why do some people repeat that 70% of black women are single ...‎
70% black women single, 65% white women have cosmetic surgery ...‎
More results from answers.yahoo.com »
70% of Black Women are Single - Topix
20 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Sep 12, 2007
Click on:'LifeStyle / Gossip' at the top, scroll to to 70% of Black Women Single . I really enjoyed that clip, thank you for sharing. ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TT87LF15J0TJ8RL7C - Cached - Similar
70 percent of all black women are single, why?‎ - 20 posts - Sep 17, 2009
Why are so many black women single?‎ - 20 posts - Mar 1, 2008
Hey, black men. Wake up! Dump the black women...‎ - 20 posts - Jan 20, 2008
I KEEP SEEING 70% OF BLACK WOMEN ARE SINGLE‎ - 10 posts - Aug 7, 2007
More results from topix.com »
Conservative Black Woman: 70% of Black Women are Single!!!
Aug 18, 2008 ... I saw that particular broadcast of Oprah's show and was somewhat surprised that "70% of Black Women are Single" . ...
conservativeblkwoman.blogspot.com/.../70-of-black-women-are-single.html - Cached - Similar
70% of Black Women Are Single…
Jul 9, 2009 ... And I don't feel sorry for naan one of ya'll. Follow the homie...
thefreshxpress.com/2009/07/70-of-black-women-are-single/ - Cached - Similar

01-05-2011 03:53 PM
IslandRa
Kruncked Out Forum Elder

Meadows...

Welcome to the BWID group.

They use overinflated and unrealistic standards to reject normal men, but somehow wind up fucking deadbeats, players, thugs and all around assholes.
  -- unfoolish1
01-05-2011 05:21 PM
RichardJRiddick
Banned

unfoolish1 Wrote:
[quote=evens1]

If black men decided tomorrow to no longer tolerate the black women she would be alone. Other races of men would not tolerate her attitude.

01-05-2011 05:27 PM
Meadows
Legends of the Forum

IslandRa Wrote:
Meadows...

Welcome to the BWID group.

Huh?Icon_question2

The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us,... the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls. ECS
01-05-2011 10:30 PM
Meadows
Legends of the Forum

AnalyzingTheBullshit Wrote:

Meadows Wrote:

Search Results
Jan 1, 2010 ... Maybe a man really needs to be the head of the household, and if you don't trust that he can be, then leave him alone and move on.
http://www.blackstarnews.com/news/125/.....01-01.html - Cached - Similar
The 70% of Black Women Are Single Lie Exposed : Surviving Dating!
Dec 21, 2009 ... There is a contingent of Black men online and in print media that love to quote the statistic: “70% of Black women are single! ...
survivingdating.com › Society and Culture - Cached
Videos for 70 of black women are single

70% of Black Women Are Single & They Have Too ...
7 min - Aug 24, 2009
Uploaded by UHeardMe1stTime
youtube.com

70% of african american women are single
Jun 14, 2009
forbezdvd.com
Singled Out - washingtonpost.com
Oct 8, 2006 ... For every 100 single black women, there are 70 single black men, according to recent U.S. Census Bureau figures, a number that does not take ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com › Print Edition › A Section - Similar
BlackNews.com - The Real Reasons 70% of Black Women Are Single ...
We've all heard on Oprah, CNN, ABC News, and the Washington Post that 70% of black women are single, and 42% are unmarried. We've even recently heard a ...
http://www.blacknews.com/.../reasons_why...e101.shtml - Cached - Similar
70% OF AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN ARE SINGLE - Diary of a Content ...
May 8, 2007 ... Why are 70% of black women single: They blame the blackman for their own faults. They have too much attitude. ...
whyblackwomenareangry.blogspot.com/.../70-of-african-american-women- are-single.html - Cached - Similar
Why I think 70% of black women are single? Do you agree? - Yahoo ...
Apr 20, 2008 ... I think that so many are single do to a lot of factors. ... 1) Statistics are unreliable. They can be "fudged" (or completely "made up") to give ...
answers.yahoo.com › ... › Other - Cultures & Groups - Cached - Similar
Why do people think that 70% of black women are single?‎
Statistically speaking with evidence. Why are 70% of black women ...‎
Why do some people repeat that 70% of black women are single ...‎
70% black women single, 65% white women have cosmetic surgery ...‎
More results from answers.yahoo.com »
70% of Black Women are Single - Topix
20 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Sep 12, 2007
Click on:'LifeStyle / Gossip' at the top, scroll to to 70% of Black Women Single . I really enjoyed that clip, thank you for sharing. ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TT87LF15J0TJ8RL7C - Cached - Similar
70 percent of all black women are single, why?‎ - 20 posts - Sep 17, 2009
Why are so many black women single?‎ - 20 posts - Mar 1, 2008
Hey, black men. Wake up! Dump the black women...‎ - 20 posts - Jan 20, 2008
I KEEP SEEING 70% OF BLACK WOMEN ARE SINGLE‎ - 10 posts - Aug 7, 2007
More results from topix.com »
Conservative Black Woman: 70% of Black Women are Single!!!
Aug 18, 2008 ... I saw that particular broadcast of Oprah's show and was somewhat surprised that "70% of Black Women are Single" . ...
conservativeblkwoman.blogspot.com/.../70-of-black-women-are-single.html - Cached - Similar
70% of Black Women Are Single…
Jul 9, 2009 ... And I don't feel sorry for naan one of ya'll. Follow the homie...
thefreshxpress.com/2009/07/70-of-black-women-are-single/ - Cached - Similar

Ok, so again where in this particular census report does it say that 70% of black females are single?

01-05-2011 10:32 PM
Pages (7): < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next >
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: